Monday, August 20, 2007

SFO => LHR Part I

BA check-in was mercifully short, which is more than can be said for the security line. I usually take the later BA flight where the situation is reversed: long check-in, easy security. Doubtless, some deep meaning in there somewhere but I'm too tired to figure it out.

(As an aside, we have a new dog. Not sure yet if this is permanent or temporary situation, but that's another story for another day. Anyway, he currently resides at Number 1, Main Bathroom, first cage as you go in. And he doesn't like it one bit. The night-time confinement is a short term thing just to help him settle down, but it has the reverse effect on me as he spends the first hour of sleep time doing a Steve McQueen and trying to tunnel his way out of imprisonment. This process was both lengthened and fuelled last night when he actually succeeded.... Add to that a healthy dose of kennel cough - alright, an unhealthy one then - and that explains why a bit of peace and quiet on a 747 to drink at someone else's expense and doze peacefully for a couple of hours is actually rather appealing just now.)

Anyway, my point here is that I'm heading back for a short trip to the U.K., and am quite looking forwards to being home for a bit. Initial visit to Cambridge, followed by a couple of days in London, and closed off by a quick trip to see the old kith-and-kin. Back home Sunday. Will post when able.

Oh, one other thing: I, you can rest assured I'll flush whatever I can over the anti-runway protesters at Heathrow. My pleasure.

No comments: