Thursday, March 1, 2007

Adobe goes on-line

From The Online Photographer
Interesting report that Adobe will be offering a basic set of Photoshop's capabilities as an on-line software-service. Strong defensive move (as the article points out), especially given Google's ravenous appetite for all things Web-ish. I think it will also open up new opportunities for Adobe to connect into the Flickr/YouTube worlds and truly develop a web presence to complement their strong "off line" tool suites. Nice to see a more mainstream company catching-on, albeit a little late, and being able to respond effectively to a fast-changing world. Personally, I look forward to Adobe hosting a web-served back-end database so I can keep my images somewhere safe and secure but also have access to all the power of the Adobe tool set to create web pages, blog entries etc. directly. Can't say I'll give up my own copy of Photoshop - have to fill those long flight hours somehow - but I'd welcome the additional capabilities this could bring.

No comments: