Sunday, February 11, 2007

To shop or not to shop?


Quiet weekend, and as you can see from the picture one that contained a bit of retail therapy. Browsed the Apple store but came away empty handed. I have to confess that I really don't care whether or not I use Mac OS or Windows. As far as I'm concerned they are just means to an end, and frankly I cannot understand the near-religious fervour dedicated Mac-ophiles display. However, the Sony Style store is another matter. Loved the look of the Bravia line of LCD flat-screens. At some point we'll have to go HD at home but I think we'll wait a few months yet and see what comes out next. I hear Philips have announced a new line with better specifications so they will merit a look-see as well.

Busy week this week. A senior vice-president visiting from a prospect in Asia Pacific and then two days visiting with a large customer in Texas. Some interesting stuff going on but not clear any of it is short-term enough to make a difference this quarter, which therefore means we'd better close some immediate stuff elsewhere ASAP. That "bookings treadmill" never gets any easier, or any slower....

No comments: