Monday, February 12, 2007

Onwards & Upwards


Good meeting today and we got to the point of having our prospect begin an evaluation. Of course, as I've learned over many years working in Asia, nothing is quite that simple, but at least we got a specific "takeaway" - an opportunity to engage. But that was about it for the day. I still have a fever, sore throat and headache lingering from the weekend so rather than infect the entire office I headed home to, well, infect the entire house I suppose.


The picture was taken in Seoul on a previous trip. I just liked the way two business men were facing the traffic jam and looking away from the sculpted earth. Particularly in Europe, global warming has become a major political and social issue around which there seems to be a lot more debate - and dare I say action - than seems to be the case in the US. Virtually every news broadcast I've seen on my past two trips there (just before and just after Christmas) featured the topic in some way or another and, partly because of that fact I'm sure, politicians of all flavours are all now running at full speed to see who can post the greener credentials. Typical of the breed perhaps, but nevertheless an important step towards real action being taken. (And no, the irony that it took me several long-haul flights, each pumping significant carbon emissions into the upper atmosphere, to reach this conclusion did not escape me.)

No comments: