Monday, October 20, 2008

American LeMans 2008


Acura ARX-01b LMP2 Sports Prototype

Since I managed to make it by on Friday, I was able to catch the last race in the American LeMans series, held as always at Laguna Seca. I'll post a few more pictures over the following days but, once again, I'm on a plane today, this time heading to Europe.

ALMS is a great sports car series and of course Laguna Seca is a wonderful circuit. I like the way they organise the racing here and there's always plenty to do and to see, both on and off the circuit.

Uniquely, this is the only race at Laguna that runs late enough into the day to give some impression of what it's like to compete in the dark. The shot above is of the Gil De Ferran Acura grounding out as it runs down the corkscrew (they ultimately finished 4th). According to the telemetry I saw on the TV coverage the next day, that car was accelerating through 80 mph at that point and pulling 2g. Wonderful stuff!

No comments: